Monthly Race Plan

I am ending my third month of training and feel ok. I still have some soreness in my left ankle. I had to end my run early today due to it.

I am still tracking to the C25K training. I am finishing week 6. 3 weeks to go and I am looking at planning out the rest of the year.

I found a local race series on the Sacramento Fleet Feet website:

Buzz Oates RunSac Race Series

I missed the first 3 runs of the series. Looking at the remainder of the year, I am going to try and track to these races. My goal is to finsh all the remaining races and do the Cowtown 1/2 marathon on October 4 .

Is that too ambitious? It looks doable. Most of the next races are 5K and 10K leading up to a 10 mile run in September, then the 1/2 marathon on Oct 4.

2 comments:

Corey said...

I listened to you on RRT last night and thought I'd come over and check-out your blog. Sounds like we started running for very similar reasons. I've done the C25K three times over the past six years, with this being the last time I'll do it (W6D2 tomorrow).

One of the biggest mistakes I made when starting a few years ago was adding miles quickly. Screwed up my knee, had ITBS and plantar facietis (sp?) at varying times. Slow and steady will be my mantra now.

Good luck with your running and I'll listen to your podcast soon.

Bryan said...

Brad I Just noticed your following my blog and I checked yours out. It's a great site, I love the pod cast. You have a good voice for it.

Good luck with your training.

B

Post a Comment